That we must love one God only is a thing so evident that it does not require miracles to prove it.
There must be a divorce between you and sin, or there can be no marriage between you and Christ.
– Charles Spurgeon –
A Crucified Lord must have a Crucified Bride.
– WB Dunkum –
May we not succumb to thoughts of violence and revenge today, but rather to thoughts of mercy and compassion. We are to love our enemies that they might be returned to their right minds.
"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."
“God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him”
― John Piper
God has hidden every precious thing in such a way that it is a reward to the diligent, a prize to the earnest, but a disappointment to the slothful soul. All nature is arrayed against the lounger and the idler. The nut is hidden in its thorny case; the pearl is buried beneath the ocean waves; the gold is imprisoned in the rocky bosom of the mountains; the gem is found only after you crush the rock which encloses it; the very soil gives its harvest as a reward to the laboring farmer. So truth and God must be earnestly sought.
– AB Simpson –
TWENTY QUOTES ON THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
1. “The message of Easter is not that Jesus is alive, it is so much more.
The message of Easter is that Jesus has risen.” (Colin Smith)
2. “Our sin reached its full horror and found its most awful expression in the cross.” (Colin Smith)
3. “The tomb of Christ is famous because of what it DOES NOT CONTAIN.” (Sam Morris)
4. “We live and die; Christ died and lived!” (John Stott)
5. “The resurrection of Jesus changes the face of death for all His people. Death is no longer a prison, but a passage into God’s presence. Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.” (Clarence W. Hall)
6. “The primary source of the appeal of Christianity is Jesus –
His incarnation, His life, His crucifixion, and His resurrection.”
7. “Luke associates John with Peter in Acts, when, after the Resurrection, that strange boldness had come upon the disciples.” (Alfred Noyes)
8. “The cross is a one time visual representation of God’s grief over sin.” (Dean L. Harvey)
9. “Live in the awareness that Christ lives and that He lives in His people.” (Julien B. Weil)
10. “The cross is the victory, the resurrection is the triumph…
The resurrection is the public display of the victory, the triumph of the crucified one.” (Leon Morris)
11. “The best proof that Christ has risen is that he is still alive. And for the immense majority of our contemporaries, the only way of seeing him alive is for us Christians to love one another.” (Louis Evely)
12. ♪ ♫Christ the Lord is risen today / Sons of men and angels say / Raise your joys and triumphs high / Sing ye heavens, and earth reply. (Charles Wesley, “Christ the Lord is Risen Today”)
13. “All of heaven is interested in the cross of Christ, hell afraid of it, while men are the only ones to ignore its meaning.” (Oswald Chambers)
14. “According to the laws of legal evidence used in courts of law, there is more evidence for the historical fact of the resurrection of Jesus Christ than for just about any other event in history.” (Harvard Law Professor Dr. Simon Greenleaf)
15. ♪ ♫Hear the bells ringing they’re singing “Christ is risen from the dead!” / The angel up on the tombstone said / He is risen just as he said!
(Keith Green, “The Easter Song”)
16. “There is no historic incident better or more variously supported than the resurrection of Christ.” (Brooke Foss Westcott)
17. “The Gospels do not explain the Resurrection; the Resurrection explains the Gospels. Belief in the Resurrection is not an appendage to the Christian faith; it is the Christian faith.” (John S. Whale)
18. ♪ ♫Up from the grave he arose / With a mighty triumph o’er his foes / He arose a victor from the dark domain…
(“Up from the Grave He Arose”)
19. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” (Martin Luther)
20. “The resurrection power of Jesus broke Satan’s captive power.
When He led the Old Testament saints from paradise to heaven,
He led captivity captive!” (Leon Morris)
4 Bonus Quotes
1. “Our justification hinges on a risen life, present in us now because Christ is present with us now.” (Paul F.M. Zaul)
2. “Our old history ends with the cross; our new history begins with the resurrection.” (Watchman Nee)
3. “The entire plan for the future has its key in the resurrection.”
4. “There is more evidence that Jesus rose from the dead than there is that Julius Caesar ever lived or that Alexander the Great died at the age of thirty-three.” (Billy Graham)